Caulonia, a small town near Reggio Calabria (southern Italy), wil host a special football 5-by-side tournament from August 3 to 5. All teams will be made by migrants and asylum seekers in Italy.
The tournament will also host African citizens usually surviving in Rosarno.
Here below you can find the program that includes meetings and discussions with regional presidents of Italy and presidents of migrants associations.
“A KICK TO RACISM”
From the 3 to the 5 of August 2009 people in Caulonia (RC) will compete for the title of champion of the tournament “A kick to racism”. These are the teams:
- Circuito Attivo – Acireale (CT)
- Sprar Stignano (RC)
- Sprar Caulonia (RC)
- Sprar Riace (RC)
- Sprar Catania e Acireale (CT)
- Sprar La Kasbah e Acri – Cosenza (CS)
- Sprar Marsala – Marsala (TP)
- “La Cartiera” – Rosarno (RC)
THE IMMIGRATION CHALLENGE FOR SOUTHERN ITALY
5PM WEDNESDAY ’05 AUGUST
Hall of the market (Sala mercato coperto) in Caulonia marina
MONS. GIUSEPPE FIORINI MOROSINI – Diocese Bishop Locri – Gerace
VINCENZO LINARELLO – President Consortium Goel
“THE LOCAL HOST”
ERCOLE MACRA ‘- Director “The Riviera”
* LUCIO Musolino – Prefect of Reggio Calabria
* DANIELA DI CAPUA – Director of Central SPRAR
* ANTONINO Garozzo – Mayor of Acireale
* JOHN POMPEO – Mayor of Castelvetrano
* RAFFAELE Stancanelli – Mayor of Catania
* ILARIO Ammendola – Mayor of Caulonia
* RENZO CARINI – Mayor of Marsala
* DOMENICO LUCANO Mayor Riace
* FRANCESCO CANDIA – Mayor of Stignano
“THE MIGRANT AND THE RECEPTION OF THE SOUTH”
PETER MELIA – Tg 3
* Agazio LOIERO – Presidente Regione Calabria
* RAFFAELE LOMBARDO – Presidente Regione Sicilia
* LUIGI DE SENA – Vice President Parliamentary Security
* GIUSEPPE Scozzari – President Connecting People
During the debate a short preview of the forthcoming documentary filmed by director Vincenzo Caricari will be screened.
During the event some murals on the themes of hospitality and human rights will be made.
Scozzari, President of Connecting People, sponsoring the event, said: “Connecting People, which manages the national reality in Italy between 17 Cara, Sprar and Cie, wants to make use of local realities to enhance the leading role to promote the territory and institutions local integration processes. For this reason we want to understand the mayors and the chairmen of the two affected regions, Calabria and Sicily, as aiming to tackle in the future policies of the host. I think they will be useful and important to know how we work, for years, and throughout Italy, with success in this field”.
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.