The World Economic Forum on Africa 2009 took place last 10 of June in Cape Town, South Africa.
International leaders discussed the global economic crisis and the major trends affecting the world today.
People participating were:
- Kofi Annan, Secretary-General, United Nations (1997-2006); Member of the Foundation Board of the World Economic Forum; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum on Africa
- Soud Ba’alawy, Executive Chairman, Dubai Group, United Arab Emirates; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum on Africa; Global Agenda Council on Systemic Financial Risk
- Jiang Jianqing, Chairman of the Board, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, People’s Republic of China; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum on Africa
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Managing Director, World Bank, Washington DC; Co-Chair of the World Economic Forum on Africa; Global Agenda Council on Corruption
- Jacob G. Zuma, President of South Africa
Opening Remarks by:
- Katherine Tweedie, Director, Head of Africa, World Economic Forum
- Klaus Schwab, Founder and Executive Chairman, World Economic Forum
Social Entrepreneur Award – Africa 2009
The Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship provides a global platform to promote social entrepreneurship as a means of advancing societies and addressing social problems in an innovative and effective manner.
Presented by: Hilde Schwab, Chairperson and Co-Founder, Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.