Italian company Eni will exploit Congo's resources

Italian energy company Eni won the exploitation right in Congo for oil research. “The area extends for 1,103 square km – it is written in a press release published on the website of the Italian company – and is located 15 km off the Congolese coast at a water depth ranging from 20 to 50 metres”. The deal will allegedly improve the resources of the Italian company.

The agreement for the exploration licence “Marine XII” in Brazzaville, Congo, has been signed today in Pointe Noire with Congolese Minister of State-Minister of Hydrocarbons and Minister of Economy Finance and Budget. Minister of Energy and Waters was also present.

The aim of the agreement is to develop the potential of gas and condensates through an integrated project which include the construction of a 300/450-MW power-generating plant to be built near the Djeno terminal.

“Eni – it is written in the Italian company’s press release – will be the operator of the licence with a 90%-stake, in partnership with Société Nationale des Pétroles du Congo (SNPC), which holds the remaining 10%. The signing of the agreement also enables the start of the exploration campaign through a 3D seismic survey”.

Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *