Monday, May 9
• South Africa April reserves data. Net gold and foreign exchange reserves stood at $44.725 billion at the end of March. (0600 GMT)
• South African Competition Tribunal opens hearing into Wal-Mart’s $2.3 billion bid for control of Massmart. Hearing expected to last all week.
• Expiry of deadline for mining firms in Zimbabwe to submit plans on how they will transfer majority stakes by the end of September to local blacks.
Tuesday, May 10
• Nigerian central bank governor Lamido Sanusi speaks at conference at London’s Chatham House. (0730 GMT)
Wednesday, May 11
• South Africa March Manufacturing Production data. Growth in production quickened to 6.0 percent year/year in February (1100 GMT)
Thursday, May 12
• South African central bank interest rate decision. The Reserve Bank is expected to keep the repo rate steady at 5.5 percent (1300 GMT)
• Ghana MPC decision likely to come on Thursday or Friday. The prime rate is likely to stay on hold at 13.5 percent
Friday, May 13
• Botswana April CPI due. Annual consumer inflation was stable in March at 8.5 percent.
Source: Reuters Africa newsletter
Did you find this information helpful? If you did, consider donating.